– 1 teaspoon sugar
– 1 tablespoon cornstarch
– 1 teaspoon MSG (optional)
– 1/4 cup oyster sauce
– 1/2 cup chicken stock
– 2 cups sliced lean pork (about 1 pound)
– 1 bunch (about 2 pounds) fresh broccoli, sliced
– 2 slices ginger, shredded
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 1/4 cup vegetable oil
– 1/8 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 cup water
– Heat wok or pan until hot and dry. Add the vegetable oil, then the salt. Turn heat to medium. Add the ginger and the garlic and fry until golden brown. Turn heat to high. Add the pork and fry until lightly browned.
– Add the broccoli and stir?fry for 3 minutes. Add the water, cover, and cook for 4 minutes. Pour in reserved sauce mixture; stir while cooking until gravy thickens. Turn heat down to low, cover, and cook for 2 minutes more.
– Place in covered serving dish until ready to serve.